Nordsense is part of the Startup in Residence (STiR) program with San Francisco Public Works. Today, we have 50 Nordsense Pods installed throughout San Francisco. To create the most value from the data collected in this program, we have built a specialized interface using the Open311 API with the city’s call center system. San Francisco has outsourced the servicing of the bins to Recology, that provides the city with a service level commitment of 2 hours. Through the use of the Nordsense system and the Open311 infrastructure; The City and Recology can jointly monitor and enforce the service level to ensure a cleaner city experience for the citizens of San Francisco.
- Mitigate container overflowing
- Provide a better and cleaner experience for citizens
- Detect service needs before citizens
- Reduce the number of collections necessary
- Asses / Optimize placement of bins