Senior Connectivity Architect
Nordsense is looking for a a Senior Connectivity Architect to help us build cutting-edge IoT sensors that enable cities to do smart waste collection. You will be given extensive responsibility for the connectivity of our edge devices and become a key player in developing our connectivity strategy. Your contribution will have a direct and visible impact on Nordsense’s growth in domestic and international markets.
If you're passionate about connectivity and want to be part of a group that enjoys crafting cutting-edge IoT sensors and getting them in the hands of the most progressive cities of the world, we are the team for you!
What You’ll Do
You will work closely together with our hardware, firmware, software, data science, supply chain, and installation teams to craft new solutions that provide our customers with global connectivity in remote and tricky environments. It will be challenging, and we expect you to be a team player who helps out wherever necessary and takes action when you see problems on the horizon.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Developing a global connectivity strategy and roadmap with a focus on 4G-IoT connectivity in North America and Europe
- Managing multiple North American and European network operators and MVNOs
- Planning customer rollouts and performing feasibility studies for 100% connectivity in remote, indoor, and shielded environments
- High and low-level troubleshooting of installations with connectivity outage
- Technical due diligence of connectivity components for cellular, LoRa, BLE, etc.
- Delivering and executing communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process
- Ensuring tight inter-team coordination and communication
- Effectively and consistently communicating overall and individual customer statuses to internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying and efficiently resolving conflicts, inter-dependencies, and program issues quickly
What You’ll Need
- A bachelors, masters or equivalent with 3-6 years industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. electrical engineering, computer science, etc.) required
- Deep experience in getting smart devices online using cellular network technologies (e.g. 2G/EGPRS, 3G, 4G, Cat-M1/LTE-M and Cat-NB/NB-IoT) and LoRaWAN – preferably globally
- You know the good and excellent ranges of RSRQ, RSRP and RSSI, and know the difference between a 20 dB and 23 dB modem output power
- Knowledge about 2G/3G sunsetting and LTE-bands in North America and Europe
- You are well versed in communication protocols/networks such as Cellular, BLE, WiFi and TCP/IP
- Experience with troubleshooting connectivity on cellular edge devices across different cellular networks at a low level (e.g. AT-commands, modem diagnostics, etc.)
- Knowledge of IoT software platforms, mesh networking, sensor technologies, data transport protocols (e.g. MQTT, HTTPS, REST, XMPP)
- The ability to effectively manage relationships with external vendors (network providers, MVNOs, etc.)
- Experience with LTE-M on AT&T and Verizon, and NB-IoT on T-Mobile – or IoT Click Boards is a huge plus
- The ability to identify opportunities and provide feedback to teams to improve their efficiency, quality level and productivity
You are a curious, self-motivated, and communicative person who is eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You are a creative, innovative, and outside-the-box thinker and your professional and positive approach means that you quickly learn, teach and adapt to new complex technical challenges.
This role may require limited international travel.
At Nordsense, we help cities and companies reduce CO2 emission, cut waste collection costs and increase resource efficiency. We have developed an end-to-end IoT solution that optimizes waste collection using machine learning – and we are already powering San Francisco, Copenhagen, London, and other large municipalities around the world. Our mission is to build high accuracy sensors that empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter.
Our business requires robust high accuracy sensors to deliver precise measurements of waste level across cities, so that we can predict the most optimal times to empty containers and bins. Our Hardware Team continuously pushes our technological capabilities forward in order to give our customers the most reliable and accurate sensors. The team is responsible for researching and developing next-generation sensors, manufacturing, and on-time deliveries to our customers.
How to apply
We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the job, please reach out to CTO Nicolai Bentsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission