Senior Firmware Engineer
At Nordsense, we help cities and companies reduce CO2 emission by avoid wasting resources emptying empty bins – and get a chance to cut waste collection costs by as much as 50% in the process. We have developed an end-to-end IoT solution that optimizes waste collection processes using machine learning – and we are already powering San Francisco and Copenhagen.
As a senior firmware engineer, you will be part of a team, building and deploying cutting-edge IoT sensors that enable cities to do smart waste collection where they avoid emptying half-empty containers and where containers get emptied before they overflow. You will be given extensive responsibility for every stage of the firmware development and become a key player in developing the next generation device. Your contribution will have a direct and visible impact on Nordsense’s growth in domestic and international markets.
If you're passionate about firmware development and want to be part of a group that enjoys crafting cutting-edge IoT sensors and getting them in the hands of the most progressive cities of the world, we may be the team for you!
About the job
Prototype, design, implement, test and deliver highly robust and efficient embedded firmware solutions for our current and future IoT devices. Create devices with lifetimes up to 10 years that uses advanced sensors like time-of-flight lasers and radars to reliably map the content of bins and containers.
You will work closely together with our software and data science team, to craft new methods and solutions for advancements in connectivity, accuracy and efficiency. We expect you to be a team player who helps out wherever necessary and takes action when you see problems on the horizon.
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members to define solutions and estimate the scope of work required.
- Develop and maintain internal testing and monitoring tools to enable us to be proactive and demonstrate value to our customers.
- Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team to drive our development process forward to enable our developers to deliver their best work.
- Write clean, delicious, tested and, maintainable code.
- Peer review your team member’s code.
You are a curious, self-motivated and communicative person who is eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of proven excellence in embedded firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Highly motivated passionate and dedicated self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working in a team environment at a fast-paced, small company.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and data-oriented with a passion for problem-solving.
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS and standard bus interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills with ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion).
- Proven ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product against aggressive timelines.
- Prior experience with Nordic Semiconductors, low power, Bluetooth, IoT, over-the-air updates, modems, LoRaWAN, time-of-flight sensors and radar is a big plus.
Why work at Nordsense
We build cutting-edge IoT technology to make cities a little greener and cleaner while enabling them to reduce costs of waste collection. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and skilled individual to build a supply chain infrastructure from the ground up and gain broad responsibility and experience. Don't have deep experience with all of it? You'll get it here!
- You're attracted to a relaxed but ambitious environment with autonomy, where you are trusted to deliver, without micromanagement and like influencing what you do.
- Work with a fantastic multi-national team of talented and motivated people who love their work.
- Pension scheme, and private health care.
- Delicious lunch and great office space at a nice location.
- Social gatherings like summer and Christmas parties, gaming nights, etc.
- We’re a Silicon Valley-funded startup.
About The Team
Our business requires robust high accuracy sensors to deliver precise measurements of waste level across cities, such that we can predict the most optimal times to empty the containers and bins. The hardware team seeks to continuously push forward our technological capabilities to give our customers the most reliable and accurate sensors.
The team is responsible for researching and developing next-generation sensors, manufacturing, and on-time deliveries to our customers.
Our mission is to build high accuracy sensors that empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter.
How to apply
Send your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possibleSend your motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the job as a Senior Firmware Engineer at Nordsense you are very welcome to reach out to Senior Firmware Engineer, Timothy Adu at email@example.com.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission