Senior Firmware Engineer
Are you passionate about firmware development and curious about being part of a group that crafts and delivers cutting-edge IoT sensors to the most progressive cities of the world? We’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
You will be prototyping, designing, implementing, testing, and delivering highly robust and efficient embedded firmware solutions for our current and future IoT devices. Your main tasks will include creating devices with lifetimes of up to 10 years that use advanced sensors like time-of-flight lasers and radars to reliably map the content of bins and containers.
You will be given extensive responsibility for every stage of firmware development and as a key player in developing our next generation devices, your contribution will have a direct and visible impact on Nordsense’s growth.
Working closely with our Software and Data Science teams, you will craft new methods and solutions for advancements in connectivity, accuracy, and efficiency. We expect you to be a team player who helps out wherever necessary and takes action when you see problems on the horizon.
- Understand product requirements and engage with team members to define solutions and estimate the scope of work required.
- Develop and maintain internal testing and monitoring tools.
- Write clean, tested, and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with and mentor team members to drive our development processes forward.
- Peer review team members’ code.
What You’ll Need
- A bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of proven excellence in embedded firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with Nordic Semiconductors and RTOS is a big plus.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- An analytical and data-oriented mindset with an eye for detail and a passion for problem-solving.
- Experience with writing systems that utilize embedded RTOS and standard bus interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills with the ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with configuration management tools (git, Subversion).
- Proven ability to design and integrate code for shipping products against tight timelines.
- Prior experience with BLE, IoT, over-the-air updates, modems, LoRaWAN, time-of-flight sensors and radar is a plus.
- You’re a driven self-starter
- You’re curious and eager to learn
- You enjoy working in a team as part of a small company
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
Why Work at Nordsense
We build cutting-edge IoT technology to make cities greener and cleaner while enabling them to reduce costs of waste collection. Our Hardware team is responsible for developing and manufacturing next-generation sensors, continuously pushing our technological capabilities forward to provide our customers with the most reliable and accurate sensors available on the market.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and skilled individual to build a supply chain infrastructure from the ground up and gain broad responsibility and experience. Don't have deep experience with all of it? You'll get it here!
- A flexible working environment with international colleagues
- A pension scheme and private health care.
- Central office space close to Rådhuspladsen.
- Social gatherings incl. summer and Christmas parties, gaming nights, etc.
- We’re a Silicon Valley-funded startup.
Nordsense is on a mission to redefine the waste management industry with smart sensors and data. We believe a data-driven approach is the key to kickstarting a smart waste management revolution and making waste collection greener, cleaner, and smarter.
How To Apply
Please send your motivational letter and CV to Technical Program Manager Mikkel Leth Olsen at email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Firmware Engineer” as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the position, please reach out to Mikkel.
We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process and hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission