Senior Full Stack Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a fast-growing company that helps our customers in Europe and the USA reducing overflowing bins while cutting costs substantially with smart waste collections?
If you're passionate about high availability services and the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on early-stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoys crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable software, we may be the team for you!
This is your chance to play a great part of Nordsense’s success.
About the job
As a senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be part of a team, building new features and making our platform scalable using a variety of technologies. We build web services, APIs, front-ends, and tools that interact with cutting-edge IoT hardware and other web services. You will be part of every stage of the development from concept to deployment, and your contribution will have a direct and visible impact on Nordsense’s growth in domestic and international markets.
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required.
- Develop and maintain internal monitoring and reporting tools to enable us to be proactive and demonstrate value to our customers.
- Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team to drive our development process forward to enable our developers to deliver their best work.
- Write clean, delicious, tested and, maintainable code.
- Peer review your team member’s code.
You will work closely together with our designers, data scientists, hardware engineers, testers, and fellow developers to create great solutions for our customers. We expect you to be a team player who helps out wherever necessary and takes action when you see problems on the horizon.
You are a curious, self-motivated and communicative person who is eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar.
- Proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment at a fast-paced, small company.
- Experience with Agile development and CI/CD.
- Familiar with TDD, NoSQL, queues, Git, Jira, Docker, SPAs (Angular, React, VueJS, etc.), TypeScript, and Redux.
- Comfortable with full development stack (UX, web, API, business logic, database).
- Passion for software engineering, software architecture and best practices.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Why work at Nordsense
We are a Silicon Valley-funded startup with ambitions to take waste management to a higher level. We strive to continuously improve our processes and our costumer journey. We are proud of adding value to our customers while at the same time reducing CO2 emissions and cutting costs.
- You thrive in a relaxed but ambitious environment
- You enjoy being trusted to deliver, without micromanagement and like influencing what you do
- Being a part of a multi-national and social team of dedicated colleagues sounds appealing to you
- Stock options, pension scheme, and private health care
- Delicious lunch and great office space at a nice location
- Social gatherings like summer and Christmas parties, gaming nights, etc.
About The Team
At Nordsense, we help cities and companies reduce CO2 emission by avoid wasting resources emptying bins at the wrong time – and get a chance to cut waste collection costs by as much as 50% in the process. We have developed an end-to-end IoT solution that optimizes waste collection processes using machine learning – and we are already powering San Francisco, Copenhagen and West London.
Our office is based in central Copenhagen close to metro and busses.
How to apply
Send your motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possibleSend your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the job as a Senior Firmware Engineer at Nordsense you are very welcome to reach out to Head of Software Engineering, Deividas Jackus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission