Senior Hardware Engineer
Do you want to work with cutting-edge IoT sensors and getting them in the hands of the most progressive cities of the world, we may be the team for you!
About the job
As a senior hardware engineer, you will be part of a team, building and deploying cutting-edge IoT sensors that enable cities to do smart waste collection where they avoid emptying half-empty containers and where containers get emptied before they overflow. You will be given extensive responsibility for every stage of the firmware development and become a key player in developing the next generation device.
You will prototype, design, implement, test, and deliver highly robust and efficient hardware solutions for our current and future IoT devices. Create devices with lifetimes up to 10 years that uses advanced sensors like time-of-flight lasers and radars to reliably map the content of bins and containers.
Your tasks will include:
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members to define solutions and estimate the scope of work required.
- Monitor developments in the market of new components.
- Evaluate new components.
- Design of experiments creation, execution, and data analysis.
- Test failed units and provide failure analysis reports.
- Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team to drive our development process forward to enable our engineers to deliver their best work.
- Peer review your team member’s work.
You will work closely together with our software, data science and supply chain teams, to craft new methods and solutions for advancements in connectivity, accuracy, and efficiency. We expect you to be a team player who helps wherever necessary and acts when you see problems on the horizon.
You will need to be a curious, self-motivated and communicative person who is eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits.
You must be excellent within project management and cross-functional leadership skills, which require an analytical mindset and that you are detail- and data oriented with a passion for problem-solving. It is also important that you understand mechanical design and software development processes to approach problems from the right perspective and anticipate requirements.
Moreover, you have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- 3 years of experience with RF, low power design, IoT, modems (3G, LTE-M, NB-IoT), LoRaWAN, sensors (time-of-flight, accelerometers, etc.), battery technologies and radar is a huge plus.
- Great EE fundamentals including PCB design, KiCad (or similar), embedded system experience and mixed analog-digital circuit theory.
- Experience designing high volume and/or high reliability products from beginning to end; leveraging contract manufacturers.
- Experience with lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Experience with power delivery, signal integrity, cabling, interconnect, and best practices for PCB layout and construction. experienced with managing Vendor relationships.
- Proven ability to design and build shipping product against aggressive timelines.
Why work at Nordsense
We build cutting-edge IoT technology to make cities a little greener and cleaner while enabling them to reduce costs for waste management.
- You thrive in a relaxed but ambitious environment
- You enjoy being trusted to deliver, without micromanagement and like influencing what you do
- You will be part of a dedicated, multi-national and social team of 10 people who build our hardware and software
- Stock options, pension scheme, and private health care
- Delicious lunch and great office space at a nice location
- Social gatherings like summer and Christmas parties, gaming nights, etc.
- We’re a Silicon Valley-funded startup
At Nordsense, we help cities and companies reduce CO2 emission by avoid wasting resources emptying empty bins – and get a chance to cut waste collection costs by as much as 50% in the process. We have developed an end-to-end IoT solution that optimizes waste collection processes using machine learning – and we are already powering San Francisco and Copenhagen.
How to apply
Send your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possible and are very much looking forward to having you onboard.
If you have any questions regarding the job as Senior Hardware Engineer at Nordsense you are very welcome to reach out to CTO, Nicolai Bentsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission