Service Technician/Field Engineer with a Knack for Customer Service
Are you a customer-oriented technician who loves being in the field, fixing hardware installations, and helping others get to grips with new technology? Fancy being part of a fast-growing company that builds innovative tech solutions to help the world’s waste and resource management become more sustainable and efficient? Then please step this way!
We are looking for a new team member to help support our growing number of customers in the western part of the USA. You’ll be part of a truly entrepreneurial environment, working in our Customer Success team as our mounting, installation, and onboarding specialist.
What You’ll Do
- Mount sensors in containers together with our customers and partners in the field.
- Onboard new customers and help them get started with our software solutions.
- Continuously monitor whether the sensors deliver meaningful data and coordinate maintenance, when necessary.
- Provide technical support via email, telephone, and Zoom.
- Travel to our customers all over North America. You may even occasionally travel to our offices in Chicago and Copenhagen, Denmark.
You will report to the Senior VP of Customer Success, but you will have close interaction with the Sales team in North America as well as colleagues in Denmark.
What You’ll Need
You should have some experience working in the field and know how to drill in metal and mount sensors. You’re a natural with maintenance tasks and know exactly which kind of pop rivets, bolts, and washers are needed. But more importantly, you can answer the phone with a smile when customers call in with a problem – even if it’s just because they lost their password (again).
- Love talking to different people and are customer focused.
- Have experience with hand and assembly tools, such as drills and pop rivets.
- Speak and write fluent English and can communicate technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Enjoy being out in the field with practical tasks.
- Have a valid driving license (regular).
- Are computer savvy and know how to use Excel.
- Thrive in a small team environment in a fast-paced business.
- Are independent and enjoy working remotely.
- Are eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits.
- Are preferably based in the California area (this is not a requirement).
You could have any kind of educational background. But the most important thing is that you’re willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
Why Work at Nordsense
We are a Silicon Valley-funded start-up that builds ground-breaking IoT technology to help cities reduce waste management costs while transitioning to more sustainable practices. We have a flexible but ambitious working environment, where everyone is trusted to deliver without micromanagement. You’ll work with highly skilled international colleagues and have ample opportunity to influence what you do
Nordsense is on a mission to redefine the waste management industry with smart sensors and data. We believe a data-driven approach is the key to kickstarting a smart waste management revolution and making waste collection greener, cleaner, and smarter.
Our headquarters are in Copenhagen, Denmark with a North American office in Chicago.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possible and are looking forward to having you onboard.
If you have any questions regarding this role, you are welcome to reach out to IoT Field Engineer Ben Adelson via the email above.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
Up to 50 % reduction in collection cost and emission