Senior Software Engineer
By preventing premature emptying of waste bins, we help cities like San Francisco and Copenhagen optimize their waste collection processes, reducing CO2 emissions and cutting associated collection costs by as much as 50% in the process.
We are building an end-to-end solution powered by IoT and machine learning meant to power the cities of tomorrow. And it'll take much talent to bring our vision to reality.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be focusing on back-end and infrastructure and be part of a team committed to autonomy, accountability, and ownership of various high-quality solutions built with modern technologies and best practices in mind.
You'll work with web services, APIs, cloud architecture, CI/CD, user-facing apps, internal tooling – you name it.
From ideation and design to deployment and maintenance, your contributions will have a direct, visible impact on our growth in domestic and international markets.
What you'll be doing
- Helping when necessary, acting when you see problems on the horizon, and leaving things better than you found them.
- Understanding product requirements and collaborating on solutions together with software and hardware engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Developing and maintaining web services and APIs powering our products, designing for quality & robustness.
- Participating in building our next-generation data processing pipeline, internal monitoring solutions, and reporting tools.
- Collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring fellow teammates as we strive to build a world-class engineering team.
- Writing clean, maintainable code with best practices in mind - and reviewing that of your teammates.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience building web applications
- Proficiency working with Node.js, REST APIs, RDBMS & microservices
- Curiosity and passion for software engineering and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and self-management skills
- BSc in Computer Science or similar
We'd love it even more if you already have prior experience with some of the following:
- Event-Driven system architecture, Kafka
- IaaC, Terraform, AWS
- TypeScript and/or Python
At Nordsense, you will:
- Work in a relaxed yet ambitious environment committed to autonomy and no micromanagement
- Be part of a multi-national, Silicon Valley funded team that takes pride in its work
- Play a role in creating something that's meant to make the world a little greener
- Be enrolled in a pension scheme with private health care
- Work in a friendly, new office located in the city center (just off Strøget)
- Get delicious lunch daily
- Be part of social gatherings organized throughout the year
Technologies we use and love
- AWS, Terraform, Docker
- Kafka, Postgres
- Node.js, TypeScript, Python
- Angular, NativeScript, Electron, Storybook, NgRx, SCSS
- GitHub, GitHub Actions, Sentry
- Notion, Slack, Figma
Founded in 2017, Nordsense is a Silicon Valley funded company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our mission demands robust solutions to empower our customers to optimize business-critical processes. The multi-national team consists of about 25 passionate, seasoned veterans seeking to understand business and customer challenges and shape and deliver products exceeding these needs.
How to apply
We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the job, you are welcome to reach out to Head of Software Engineering, Deividas Jackus at email@example.com.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission