Senior Software Engineer (Full-time, Copenhagen)
Are you an experienced software engineer looking to join a fast-paced start-up and build cutting-edge tech solutions? Want to be part of redefining the waste sector with disruptive technology? You might just be our new Senior Software Engineer!
We are building an end-to-end waste management solution including SaaS and IoT devices that will power the cities of tomorrow. And it'll take a whole lot of talent to bring our vision to reality. We're a team committed to autonomy, accountability and ownership of various high-quality solutions built with modern technologies and best practices in mind.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will likely be exposed to our entire stack spanning infrastructure, backend, frontend and mobile apps. You will have a chance to work with web services, databases, APIs, cloud architecture, CI/CD, user-facing apps, internal tooling – you name it.
From ideation and design to deployment and maintenance, your contributions will have a direct, visible impact on our growth in domestic and international markets.
- Understanding product requirements and collaborating on solutions together with software engineers, firmware engineers and data scientists.
- Developing and maintaining applications and web services powering our products, designing for quality & robustness.
- Participating in building our next-generation data processing pipeline, internal monitoring solutions, and reporting tools.
- Collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring fellow teammates as we strive to build a world-class engineering team.
- Writing clean, maintainable code with best practices in mind - and reviewing that of your teammates.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience building web applications
- Proficiency in working with Angular, Node.js, TypeScript, REST APIs
- Curiosity and passion for software engineering and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and self-management skills
We'd love it even more if you already have prior experience with some of the following:
- Cloud-native architecture
- IaaC, Terraform, AWS
Technologies We Love to Use
- AWS, Terraform, Docker, Postgres
- Node.js, TypeScript, Python
- Angular, NativeScript, Electron, Storybook, NgRx, SCSS
- GitHub, GitHub Actions, Sentry
- Notion, Slack, Figma
We hate waste, and hope you do, too. Nordsense is on a mission to redefine the waste management industry with IoT technology and data insights to optimize the waste is collected. We build smart sensors that empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter.
We're a Silicon Valley-funded start-up based in central Copenhagen and like to think of our work environment as relaxed but ambitious, based on full autonomy and trust.
With few formal rules and a lot of freedom to define your own way of working, this is an excellent opportunity for a someone with a passion for software to gain broad experience and wide-ranging areas of responsibility.
Ready To Apply?
Please send your application/CV to our Head of Software Engineering, Deividas Jackus at email@example.com right away! 😉
You can use the subject line “Senior Software Engineer”.
We will be conducting ongoing interviews throughout the recruitment process, and hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission