Senior Software Engineer
Are you an experienced software engineer looking to join a fast-paced start-up and build cutting-edge tech solutions? Want to be part of redefining the waste sector with disruptive technology? Then, you might just be our new Senior Software Engineer!
We are building an end-to-end waste management solution based on IoT and machine learning that will power the cities of tomorrow. And it'll take a whole lot of talent to bring our vision to reality.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be focusing on back-end and infrastructure and be part of a team committed to autonomy, accountability, and ownership of various high-quality solutions built with modern technologies and best practices in mind.
You'll work with web services, APIs, cloud architecture, CI/CD, user-facing apps, internal tooling – you name it.
From ideation and design to deployment and maintenance, your contributions will have a direct, visible impact on our growth in domestic and international markets.
What You'll Be Doing
- Understanding product requirements and collaborating on solutions together with software and hardware engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Developing and maintaining web services and APIs powering our products, designing for quality & robustness.
- Participating in building our next-generation data processing pipeline, internal monitoring solutions, and reporting tools.
- Collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring fellow teammates as we strive to build a world-class engineering team.
- Writing clean, maintainable code with best practices in mind - and reviewing that of your teammates.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience building web applications
- Proficiency working with Node.js, REST APIs, RDBMS & microservices
- Curiosity and passion for software engineering and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and self-management skills
- BSc in Computer Science or similar
We'd love it even more if you already have prior experience with some of the following:
- Event-Driven system architecture, Kafka
- IaaC, Terraform, AWS
- TypeScript and/or Python
Technologies We Use and Love
- AWS, Terraform, Docker
- Kafka, Postgres
- Node.js, TypeScript, Python
- Angular, NativeScript, Electron, Storybook, NgRx, SCSS
- GitHub, GitHub Actions, Sentry
- Notion, Slack, Figma
Nordsense is on a mission to redefine the waste management industry with IoT technology and data insights to optimize the way we handle and collect waste. We build high accuracy smart sensors that empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter.
We're a Silicon Valley-funded start-up based in central Copenhagen and like to think of our work environment as relaxed but ambitious, based on full autonomy and trust.
With few formal rules and a lot of freedom to define your own way of working, this is an excellent opportunity for a someone with a passion for software to gain broad experience and wide-ranging areas of responsibility.
How to Apply
Please send your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer” as soon as possible .
We will be conducting interviews ongoing throughout the recruitment process. We hope to fill out this position as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the job, you are welcome to reach out to Head of Software Engineering, Deividas Jackus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordsense makes waste collection cleaner, greener and smarter
50 % reduction in collection cost and emission